- Does God Really Care?
- B.Y.O.B. Friday
- Followup from Doctor Bill and Deacon Dave
- 10 Ways to Have a Vibrant Marriage
- Website Changes
- Upcoming Calendar
Does God Really Care?
Team 6 rounds out the last meeting before Lent with “Does God Really Care?”
If God does indeed care for us then why will God lets bad things happen to good people?
This Friday is a first Friday Rosary. Bring Your Own Beads at 5:30AM and join us in prayer.
Followup from Doctor Bill and Deacon Dave
One of the biggest challenges that we, as husbands, will face in our marriages is that of coming to the realization that a problem we are having in our marriage and in our relationship with our wives is beyond our ability to solve on our own; that we need outside professional help from a marriage counselor or therapist. This can be even more daunting when we believe that we need the help of a professional sex therapist.
Can you imagine how our wives would respond if we approached them with something like the following: “I think we have a serious sex problem; I think you have a serious sex problem and we just haven’t been able to deal with it on our own. We need to see a sex therapist.”
Instead, how about a softer less threatening approach where the problem is placed on our shoulders whether we think it’s there or not:
“Just the other Friday, the FATHERS’ Team had a speaker, a psychologist and sex therapist. He answered many of our questions and also indicated that some problems with sex and intimacy are best handled by a therapist. I believe that we have a problem and it concerns me a great deal because I see it hurting our relationship and our marriage. That frightens me. I think that we need this professional help and I really want you to help me and come with me to see a sex therapist. I’m afraid and I’m embarrassed and this is going to be tough, but I think we have to do it. And we can’t do it alone and I need your support. I want us to do this as a couple. I realize I’m asking a lot but I don’t think we can do this without you.”
10 Ways to Have a Vibrant Marriage
Take a few minutes to read it:
I have been secretly working on a face lift for our website www.fathersteam.org. I have tried a few things over the years for it to be a decent resource for the group. I have noticed how people have been using the current website and identified some key improvements:
- reduce or eliminate the need for another login—people found registering cumbersome and would often forget their password. Only resource required to protect is the “roster” which will be protected by a simple, shared password.
- better social media integration—Start cross posting our information on twitter and facebook as a recruiting and discussion tool.
- simpler navigation and overall design
- provide multiple ways of people receive updates
The platform that I have been working with has served its purpose but really has not evolved, as others have. I am still migrating data and configuring the new site. Any and all feedback is encouraged! The old site is sill available via www.fatherteam.org (not plural).
The complete calendar is on our website: http://www.fathersteam.org/
- First Friday Rosary
Friday, March 04, 2011 @ 5:30 AM at Hageman Hall
- Does God Really Care?
Friday, March 04, 2011 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- If God does indeed care for us then why will God lets bad things happen to good people? Presented by Team 6
- When communication breaks down & barriers build up.
Friday, March 11, 2011 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Real marital communication takes time, effort, and planning. It is not for the fainthearted. If you want to have good communications with your wife you will need to put some effort into it. Marriage depends on good communications; poor communication is the number one reason for failed marriages. We can get so wrapped up in our daily struggles that we avoid putting in the effort needed to communicate with our wives and children. Presented by Team 2
- Tell the Truth
Friday, March 18, 2011 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Oh what a better world it would be if we all would just….Tell the Truth. How do we live a life of truthfulness that sets an example for our children and cause them to Tell the Truth? Presented by Team 2
- Living Relationship with God
Friday, March 25, 2011 @ 1:00 PM at Hageman Hall
- Every relationship involves some type of risk. Do we have a living relationship with God or are we simply trying to practice religion? Presented by Team 4
- First Friday Rosary
Friday, April 01, 2011 @ 5:30 AM at Hageman Hall
- Why should I even try?
Friday, April 01, 2011 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- At times everything seems to be out of control and I find myself wondering why I should even try to make a difference. Presented by Team 5