In this issue:
- Sex in the Marriage, as God intended it
- B.Y.O.B. Friday
- Calendar Changes
- 2011 “Answer the Call” Conference
- Upcoming Calendar
Sex in the Marriage, as God intended it
Gentlemen, the big moment has arrived. We welcome Dr. William Wester, a retired Catholic sex therapist who also attends IHM. He conducted discussions like this as a therapist and did many pre-Cana discussions.
We will follow the normal format for this topic, including small group breakouts. Dr. Wester has graciously offered to stay after to answer any additional questions. Something to plan for if your schedule allows it.
Next Friday is a first Friday Rosary. Bring Your Own Beads at 5:30AM and join us in prayer.
Note: We have rearranged the calendar over the next few weeks to accommodate our guest for the “Sex in the Marriage” topic.
- 2/25/11 – Team 4: Sex in the Marriage (changed)
- 3/4/11 – Team 6: Does God Really Care? (changed)
- 3/11/11 – Team 2: When communication breaks down & barriers build up. (unchanged from here on)
2011 “Answer the Call” Conference
David Borne and Steve Green are coordinating this event for us. Please bring your money if you are planning on attending.
The 2011 ANSWER THE CALL CATHOLIC MEN’S CONFERENCE will be held Saturday, April 16, 2011 from 8:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. at Good Shepherd Parish in Montgomery, OH, northeast of Cincinnati. Cost is $30. Free Parking. Lunch not included.
The speakers listed below are for the Men’s “Answer the Call” Conference
Brother Loughlan Sofield, S.T., is a Missionary Servant of the Most Holy Trinity, and an accomplished speaker, author and professor. He is Senior Editor of Human Development magazine, been recognized for his work on the laity, and is co-author of numerous books. Brother Sofield has served on the faculty or lectured at many universities around the world, most recently in the area of clergy education. Brother Sofield has consulted with over 200 dioceses on five continents.
Fr. Mark Burger is pastor of Visitation parish in western Cincinnati. He has been recognized at earlier conferences as one of the most impactful presenters. He will lead us into a deeper relationship with Christ and guide us through the Reconciliation Service.
Fr. Anthony Brausch is a priest of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. He was ordained in 2002. Fr. Brausch teaches philosophy at Mount St. Mary’s Seminary of the West in Cincinnati. Fr. Brausch did his studies in philosophy in Rome from 2004-2008. Fr. Brausch has served as parochial vicar and, subsequently, administrator of Our Lady of the Visitation Parish; he has taught at Elder High School where he still serves as the chaplain for the Elder Football Team; and he is the weekend celebrant at St. Margaret of York Parish.
The complete calendar is on our website: http://www.fathersteam.org/
- Sex in the Marriage, as God intended it
Friday, February 25, 2011 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Is there anyone we can talk to about sex in our marriage, can you talk to your spouse about it; are your relations in the bedroom an indicator of the health of your overall relationship? Ever wonder what’s normal for couples in their 30’s, 40’s or 50+? Join us for our first ever discussion on this subject. Presented by Team 4
- First Friday Rosary
Friday, March 04, 2011 @ 5:30 AM at Hageman Hall
- Does God Really Care?
Friday, March 04, 2011 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- If God does indeed care for us then why will God lets bad things happen to good people? Presented by Team 6
- When communication breaks down & barriers build up.
Friday, March 11, 2011 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Real marital communication takes time, effort, and planning. It is not for the fainthearted. If you want to have good communications with your wife you will need to put some effort into it. Marriage depends on good communications; poor communication is the number one reason for failed marriages. We can get so wrapped up in our daily struggles that we avoid putting in the effort needed to communicate with our wives and children. Presented by Team 2
- Tell the Truth
Friday, March 18, 2011 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Oh what a better world it would be if we all would just….Tell the Truth. How do we live a life of truthfulness that sets an example for our children and cause them to Tell the Truth? Presented by Team 2