In this issue:
- Scripture in Our Daily Lives
- Fireproof for Couples on January 6th
- 2010-2011 Group Picture
- Social Ministry Commission Opportunities
- Upcoming Calendar
Scripture in Our Daily Lives
Welcome back after the holiday break. Join us this Friday as we resume our normal schedule. Walt will lead us in a sampling of our Fathers Team Lite format (summertime). Bring your Bibles…dust them off if you have to.
Fireproof for Couples on January 6th
From Kati Tucci
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
I was hoping you could help me help the Formation Office. Pete and I are moderating the movie “Fireproof”….it is a movie about Marriage and what it takes to survive it. If you’ve never seen it you will enjoy it …we are showing it in Heritage at 6:30 on Thursday January 6…..and you are welcome to BYOB to share with your spouse and others if you would care to. Pete and I prepared a short list of discussion questions for couples to take home and discuss afterwards.
I’d appreciate if you would send this out to those great guys in Fathers Team…it’s a chance for a nice couples evening on a cold winter night.
2010-2011 Group Pictures
I doubt it is suitable for framing but enjoy it nonetheless:
Social Ministry Commission Opportunities
Chris Pollock and Ken Cornish are currently involved with the SMC.
Our Social Ministries mission statement is to encourage, support, and demonstrate the Christ-like servant leadership of IHM parish members in their efforts through prayer, advocacy, education and financial and material support of those in need.Our commission has 18 sub committees who work in soup kitchens,collect Christmas gifts, work on environmental issues, do twinning projects with Batahola and Our Lady of the Mountains, collect canned goods for food pantry, etc.Our four major social justice goals this year are servant leadership,Parishes for Life, preventing foreclosures, and working with the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops on immigration issues.We need individuals with a heart that embraces Catholic Social Teaching which is to name several themes to respect all life, option for the poor, protect our environment, and global solidarity. We could do more work if we had more hands. We meet the 1st Monday of the month at 7:15 and would love to meet before hand with anyone interested in joining our commission
The complete calendar is on our website: http://www.fathersteam.org/
- First Friday Rosary
Friday, January 07, 2011 @ 5:30 AM at Hageman Hall
- Scripture in Our Daily Lives
Friday, January 07, 2011 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Respect (my wife and) your mother!
Friday, January 14, 2011 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- As a child’s independence is developed, mothers are often treated poorly by their offspring. This can be particularly difficult for moms. How do we, as fathers, act to support our wives during this time? Presented by Team 6
- Apologetics – Defending the Catholic Faith
Friday, January 21, 2011 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Why be Catholic? Apologetics, the lost art of defending the faith that is regaining popularity as a tool needed to fulfill the mission of the church Presented by Team 1
- Avoiding the 7 Capital (“Deadly”) Sins
Friday, January 28, 2011 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Being able to name our demons is an essential part of growth and healing. Learn to combat the vice in our life with the contrary Theological and Cardinal Virtues. Presented by Team 2
- Spaghetti Dinner
Friday, January 28, 2011 @ 5:00 PM at IHM Cafeteria