In this issue:
- Family Relationships
- Christ Renews His Parish
- Wife Appreciation Dinner
- Help for John Leyendecker
- Upcoming Calendar
Team 3, led John Fahrmeier, hopes to do better than the Reds did in Game 1 with this topic.
Do you have a family member who you haven’t talked to in a long time? Perhaps a brother, sister, aunt or uncle that you just can’t seem to get along with or that long standing grudge you don’t even recall the cause of? How do we as fathers find the opportunity to reach out and show love for the people around us who make up our family?
Christ Renews His Parish
Men – please prayerfully consider attending the upcoming Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP) weekend (Men Oct. 16-17; for spouses – Women’s weekend is Oct. 2-3). This retreat is a spirit-filled weekend that can be a powerful experience on your journey and there are many Father’s Team members who have attended. If you are interested in participating in the October retreat, please contact Jeff Farmer firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell phone @ 349-4193. For spouses, the contact is Nancy Kleespies email@example.com or by cell phone @ 706-2779.
Wife Appreciation Dinner
Save the date for November 20, 2010 for the Wife Appreciation Dinner. In your interested in helping or hosting, please contact Reid Rooney or Jim Niestradt.
Help for John Leyendecker
Email from Mary Mariska (firstname.lastname@example.org):
Mary and I recently received a letter from John Leyendecker asking me for a buddy pass to come back to Cincinnati for a week. For those of you who don’t know him, John was the Youth Director from IHM under Fr. Jan. Normally, I am more than happy to help John out with these discount passes, but this time I am hesitant and I would like to explain to you why.
IHM is hosting a talk by the founder of FOCUS, Curtis Martin, in November. Most of you know that FOCUS (Fellowship of Catholic University Students) has a mission to answer our Pope’s and our church’s call for a new evangelization. We lose so many of our Catholic youth during their college years and John has made it his mission to answer the church’s call and bring kids back to the church or keep them there by meeting them on their turf – the college campus. You can check them out online at www.focusonline.org. John is going to be the MC of Curtis Martin’s talk and he will also use this opportunity to gain support for his mission from our community. John supports his family and his ministry solely from donations.
So, why am I hesitant? I think this opportunity is too important for John and his mission for me to give him a discount pass that is nothing more than a low priority standby pass. It’s a good deal if your travel plans are flexible, but not for set plans. Because of that, we would prefer to purchase John a regular ticket, but we can’t afford the entire cost.
The ticket cost for the dates he needs is $327. Mary and I will commit $52 to get things started, bringing the balance down to $275. We are looking for people who feel called to support John’s mission to donate a small amount, whatever you can afford, to help us buy him a round trip ticket. Any extra money would go straight to John and his ministry. If you can help, please reply NLT Monday, October 11th.
Thanks and God Bless,
Mark & Mary
The complete calendar is on our website: http://www.fathersteam.org/
- Family Relationships
Friday, October 08, 2010 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Do you have a family member who you haven’t talked to in a long time? Perhaps a brother, sister, aunt or uncle that you just can’t seem to get along with or that long standing grudge you don’t even recall the cause of? How do we as fathers find the opportunity to reach out and show love for the people around us who make up our family? Presented by Team 3
- Goals: Are you and your spouse on the same page, do you know her dreams?
Friday, October 15, 2010 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Relationships are dynamic and are ever changing. Is your relationship with your wife growing closer or further apart? One way for the relationship to improve is to have common shared goals or dreams. Goals take many forms, you may call them “dreams, expectations, desire, ideals, vision, values”. Shared goals don’t happen by accident, they take work and communication. Presented by Team 4
- Love Thy Neighbor
Friday, October 22, 2010 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Who are your neighbors and how do you get along? In this age of houses without front porches, privacy fences and automatic garage door openers how do we communicate with those around us? With our busy schedules and busy lives, what does love thy neighbor really mean any longer? Presented by Team 5
- The Mass vs. “Mega” Church Service
Friday, October 29, 2010 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- “Keep holy the Sabbath Day”, but how? The Mass vs. the Mega Church Service; how does God tell us that he wants to be worshiped? What did Christians inherit from the Jewish Liturgy? How did early Christians worship God? And what does the Bible say? Presented by Team 6
- First Friday Rosary
Friday, November 05, 2010 @ 5:30 AM at Hageman Hall
- Understanding and Living Gods Will
Friday, November 05, 2010 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Our job, our purpose is to understand and live in God’s will and not be selective when times get tough. Presented by Team 1