In this issue:
- Help define a vision for your children
- Christ Renews His Parish
- Help with Picnic
- Bicycle Built for Two
- Team Lists
- Ten Secrets for a Happy, Lasting Marriage
- Wife Appreciation Dinner
- Upcoming Calendar
Help define a vision for your children
Let’s see how the rookie Bob Hilmer and Team 1 present this returning topic back by popular demand.
Every father wants their child to experience things in life which make them happy. How do you as a father, help your child define their vision, in a world of a wants and wishes, which can often bring unhappiness to their life? Learn how fathers just like you are discovering how help their child set and achieve their vision to realize what God has planned for them.
Christ Renews His Parish
Men – please prayerfully consider attending the upcoming Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP) weekend (Men Oct. 16-17; for spouses – Women’s weekend is Oct. 2-3). This retreat is a spirit-filled weekend that can be a powerful experience on your journey and there are many Father’s Team members who have attended. If you are interested in participating in the October retreat, please contact Jeff Farmer email@example.com or by cell phone @ 349-4193. For spouses, the contact is Nancy Kleespies firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell phone @ 706-2779.
Help with Picnic
This year we are again helping with the Parish Picnic. The picnic will be Saturday, September 25 after the 5PM mass. Bob Hilmer and Steve Green is coordinating this event. The biggest need is help with setup (beginning at 4PM) and teardown. Please let Bob or Steve know if you are able to help.
Bicycle Built for Two
Here is the story that was read at the 2010-2011 Covenant Signing is available online:
In case you were not at the Covenant Signing, I have posted the team lists on the website. (Login Required). If you weren’t included or have recently join, please let Tim or Anthony know to assign you a team.
Ten Secrets for a Happy, Lasting Marriage
Kevin Scott has provided the handouts from the “How’s your marriage? The real men of IHM respond” meeting.
Wife Appreciation Dinner
Save the date for November 20, 2010 for the Wife Appreciation Dinner. In your interested in helping or hosting, please contact Tim or Anthony.
The complete calendar is on our website: http://www.fathersteam.org/
- Help define a vision for your children
Friday, September 24, 2010 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Every father wants their child to experience things in life which make them happy. How do you as a father, help your child define their vision, in a world of a wants and wishes, which can often bring unhappiness to their life? Learn how fathers just like you are discovering how help their child set and achieve their vision to realize what God has planned for them. Presented by Team 1
- Parish Picnic
Saturday, September 25, 2010 @ 6:00 PM at IHM Pavilion next to the Football Field / Back Parking Lot
- Please plan on joining us on Sept. 25th after the 5:00 p.m. Mass. We’ll Supply Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Water, Lemonade, Iced Tea and Beer You Supply Side Dishes and Desserts. A-J: Salads K-S: Side Dishes T-Z: Desserts As a Parish Family and Disciples of Jesus Christ, we pray and worship together, and we often find ourselves working together. Now its time for all of us to Celebrate and Have Some Fun Together Bring the Whole Family Meet Fellow Parishioners There will be FUN and GAMES for EVERYONE Please Bring Your Own Chairs and Blankets Bon Fire Starting at Dusk. The Knights of Columbus and The Fathers Team will be working side by side in an effort to make this a very memorable event for everyone
- First Friday Rosary
Friday, October 01, 2010 @ 5:30 AM at Hageman Hall
- Talking and Listening to God
Friday, October 01, 2010 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Talking to God is important. However listening to God is imperative. Do we only know how to talk to God and ask or tell Him what to do or are we trying equally as hard to listen to what God wants from us? Presented by Team 2
- Family Relationships
Friday, October 08, 2010 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Do you have a family member who you haven’t talked to in a long time? Perhaps a brother, sister, aunt or uncle that you just can’t seem to get along with or that long standing grudge you don’t even recall the cause of? How do we as fathers find the opportunity to reach out and show love for the people around us who make up our family? Presented by Team 3
- Goals: Are you and your spouse on the same page, do you know her dreams?
Friday, October 15, 2010 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Relationships are dynamic and are ever changing. Is your relationship with your wife growing closer or further apart? One way for the relationship to improve is to have common shared goals or dreams. Goals take many forms, you may call them “dreams, expectations, desire, ideals, vision, values”. Shared goals don’t happen by accident, they take work and communication. Presented by Team 4