In this issue:
- Talking and Listening to God
- B.Y.O.B. Friday
- Children Learn What They Live
- Christ Renews His Parish
- Youth Athletics
- Michael O’Rourke speaks at Guardian Angels
- Team Lists
- Wife Appreciation Dinner
- Upcoming Calendar
Talking and Listening to God
Team 2. aka John Kammerer and associates. is on the ticket this week.
Talking to God is important. However listening to God is imperative. Do we only know how to talk to God and ask or tell Him what to do or are we trying equally as hard to listen to what God wants from us?
This Friday is a first Friday Rosary. Bring Your Own Beads at 5:30AM and join us in prayer.
Children Learn What They Live
The poem that Mike Clark read last week is available here.
Christ Renews His Parish
Men – please prayerfully consider attending the upcoming Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP) weekend (Men Oct. 16-17; for spouses – Women’s weekend is Oct. 2-3). This retreat is a spirit-filled weekend that can be a powerful experience on your journey and there are many Father’s Team members who have attended. If you are interested in participating in the October retreat, please contact Jeff Farmer firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell phone @ 349-4193. For spouses, the contact is Nancy Kleespies email@example.com or by cell phone @ 706-2779.
From Steve King:
I’ve been involved in an archdiocese task force that is leading the listening sessions referenced in the attached invitation.
There is an opportunity @ IHM next Wednesday, October 7th @ 7pm for people with thoughts, ideas and suggestions on the question below:
How can youth athletics and the Catholic faith community best foster athletic, character and faith development in our children and families?
Michael O’Rourke speaks at Guardian Angels
Michael O’Rourke international presenter for Apostolate for Family Consecration will outline both God’s plan to renew the world the the role of families today.
Tuesday November 2, 2010 at Guardian Angels
In case you were not at the Covenant Signing, I have posted the team lists on the website. (Login Required). If you weren’t included or have recently join, please let Tim or Anthony know to assign you a team.
Wife Appreciation Dinner
Save the date for November 20, 2010 for the Wife Appreciation Dinner. In your interested in helping or hosting, please contact Tim or Anthony.
The complete calendar is on our website: http://www.fathersteam.org/
- First Friday Rosary
Friday, October 01, 2010 @ 5:30 AM at Hageman Hall
- Talking and Listening to God
Friday, October 01, 2010 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Talking to God is important. However listening to God is imperative. Do we only know how to talk to God and ask or tell Him what to do or are we trying equally as hard to listen to what God wants from us? Presented by Team 2
- Family Relationships
Friday, October 08, 2010 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Do you have a family member who you haven’t talked to in a long time? Perhaps a brother, sister, aunt or uncle that you just can’t seem to get along with or that long standing grudge you don’t even recall the cause of? How do we as fathers find the opportunity to reach out and show love for the people around us who make up our family? Presented by Team 3
- Goals: Are you and your spouse on the same page, do you know her dreams?
Friday, October 15, 2010 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Relationships are dynamic and are ever changing. Is your relationship with your wife growing closer or further apart? One way for the relationship to improve is to have common shared goals or dreams. Goals take many forms, you may call them “dreams, expectations, desire, ideals, vision, values”. Shared goals don’t happen by accident, they take work and communication. Presented by Team 4
- Love Thy Neighbor
Friday, October 22, 2010 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- Who are your neighbors and how do you get along? In this age of houses without front porches, privacy fences and automatic garage door openers how do we communicate with those around us? With our busy schedules and busy lives, what does love thy neighbor really mean any longer? Presented by Team 5
- The Mass vs. “Mega” Church Service
Friday, October 29, 2010 @ 6:03 AM at Hageman Hall
- “Keep holy the Sabbath Day”, but how? The Mass vs. the Mega Church Service; how does God tell us that he wants to be worshiped? What did Christians inherit from the Jewish Liturgy? How did early Christians worship God? And what does the Bible say? Presented by Team 6